Interfaith Sacred Exploration FAQ
1. How was I trained?
- Certified Reiki Level III – Reiki Master
- Interfaith Spiritual Direction certification (at The Chaplaincy Institute for Arts and Interfaith Ministries, Berkeley, CA)
- Master of Divinity degree
- Ordained in the United Church of Christ (a progressive Christian denomination)
I now do my work as a private practice. I take only a few new clients per year. To maintain and expand my own growth, I work monthly with spiritual teachers/directors. To ensure my growth as a sacred mentor, I participate in formal supervision.
2. Is spiritual direction like therapy?
Although it is not a therapeutic relationship, many find spiritual mentoring to be a complementary process to the work happening in such a setting. It does not replace therapeutic support.
3. Are our sessions confidential?
Our time together is sacred, and I will hold our conversations in strictest confidence. Nothing will be shared without your written consent, except as required by law to protect you or another from serious harm. I am required by law to report known or suspected cases of abuse or neglect to children, the elderly, or the handicapped. You are free to share whatever you choose about our conversations with anyone.
4. How often do we meet?
A typical rhythm for meeting is once or twice per month; approximately an hour each time.